Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

~ Moving ~

We have 6 more days until we head out on the road towards Ohio. To tell you the truth, not only am I excited but scared as well. I know no one in Cleveland. Yes, I have Kurt's family only two hours away from us, but this is the first time that I will have lived more than 30 minutes away from my family. In particular, my Mom. We are so close. I think it'll be a great learning experience for me and potential to grow more into the woman I am intended to be, but it's still difficult leaving. 

My doctor has restricted me to no lifting anything over five pounds. That is making packing and everything a little challenging. So far, Kurt has been great about helping, but I feel like I am just being lazy b/c I can't move what I've already done. I can't do laundry until he gets home to carry the basket for me, ugh, it's irritating. I do have to admit that it's somewhat nice b/c I have moved 29 times in my life (this move is #29), so I am tired of packing and moving. Honestly, there are bins that I haven't unpacked in four years b/c I am so used to packing and moving. It's sad really. I've told Kurt that this move is our 2nd to last. We will then move from Cleveland to Columbus and build our dream home, then I am done! I would love to have a house where our kids grow up in and return to during holidays, etc. I never had that but always dreamt about it. We always lived in a different house growing up. There are houses that I remember fondly, definitely ones that helped mold me into the person I am today. However, I never felt like I "belonged" due to moving all the time. I also feel that although it's easy for me to make friends, I do hold back a little and prevent getting too close b/c I am afraid I'm going to move again. I am hoping to break that habit when we move this time. I know we will be in Ohio the rest of our lives, we might just move from Cleveland to Columbus. Those cities are only two hours from each other, so it might help to make friends, b/c if we do move to Columbus, they will still be really close so I won't feel like I can't get too involved in the friendship.

Even through all my fears and anxiety about the move, I am truly excited to open this next chapter with my fiancé. Especially with the fact that we are driving across the country. Last time I did that, I was by myself in the car, just me and Gizmo. It will be fun to be with someone and entering new adventures while on the drive. I am sure they will make for some fun Blog entries, especially when it comes to Gizmo! Not sure how much internet access I will have, but I will try to write when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment